This year I happened to be teaching preschool on Valentine's Day, so Haven, Hyrum and I spent an afternoon cutting out hearts and hanging them from our ceiling, chandelier, and ceiling fan. I haven't had the heart to take them down yet, so I'm letting them fall off one by one as the tape pulls away. Then we had a breakfast party with his class and I made pink heart shaped pancakes.
Nathaniel also got me chocolates and tulips, which he stealthily dropped off at the front door with a note that said "From your secret admirer." He left the Tulips for me the Saturday before Valentine's because he would be out of town on the actual holiday. Then, the chocolates showed up with another note with more disguised handwriting on Thursday evening while I was talking on the phone with him in Arizona. We determined it must be a secret admirer for Diana this time, but how uncanny he would choose the same method as Nathaniel. Just as she and I were discussing it in the entryway, a man burst through the front door and we both screamed before we could ascertain that it was Nathaniel returned a day early from his trip. He likes to play on my fears, I guess.
Here are some pics from the week.
Those pics are SO precious! Stretching out any celebration is always fun. Wish I could have been there. Hope to see you next month, though :)
ReplyDeletelove the pictures!! I can't believe how big Addy is getting.
ReplyDelete